Friday, October 24, 2014

It's been a rough year--but things are looking up!

So LAGuy's recent musings led me to wonder how Christopher Lloyd was doing,
and I was shocked to find out how much money he's made. I'm happy for him.

Then today I wondered how Timothy Hutton was doing, and that led me to Timothy Olyphant, another favorite, and come to find out he's doing pretty well, too.

All I can say is, I'm looking forward to the election. I get the feeling we're all going to be happy. (If you can't read the text, both have been selected as People's 2014 Highest Paid Actor, both have had a rough year, both can take comfort in their millions, and both of them seemed to have careers that were dead until a surprise turn around. And their closest competitor is tens of millions behind them in income. What I most want to know is, is the cover picture automated?)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

None of this makes any sense. Please explain what's going on.

10:01 AM, October 24, 2014  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

You must be new here.

However, I'm afraid that's too big a task, to help you with your epistemological crises.

But I'm happy to add that Christopher Lloyd is also under consideration for Time's man of the year, according to the very same web site. (Same photo, even. I'd love to know their business model.)

2:08 PM, October 24, 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they mean Christopher Lloyd, the guy who created Modern Family.

And maybe Timothy Olyphant is a secret partner in Facebook.

3:26 PM, October 24, 2014  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

I suppose another interesting thing is that Google allows itself to be spammed this way. I've not generally noticed this before; indeed, that's what makes Google so remarkable and useful (not to mention subject to abuse).

5:20 AM, October 25, 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't both Christopher Lloyds the same person?

-Not a Fucking Robot

7:03 AM, October 25, 2014  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I'll take this one, ColumbusGuy. No, they are not the same person. SAG members have to have different names, but writers don't have to worry about that.

Christopher Lloyd the writer is the son of David Lloyd, one of the greatest TV comedy writers ever, who wrote the "Chuckles Bites The Dust" episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

While Christopher Lloyd the actor was doing Taxi and Back To The Future, Christopher Lloyd the writer was working on Golden Girls, Wings, Frasier and is the co-creator of Modern Family.

10:52 AM, October 25, 2014  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

I'm surprised SAG members have to have different names. Although I guess I understand why it's necessary. Everyone would be named Scarlett Johansson.

4:37 PM, October 25, 2014  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Why do you think we've got actors like Michael J. Fox? Because Michael Fox was already taken.

5:24 PM, October 25, 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh Modern Family is suddenly less interesting

8:23 AM, October 26, 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know they made fucking robots. Where can I get one?

11:10 AM, October 26, 2014  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

No worries. They'll find you, soon enough.

1:20 PM, October 26, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter